Sunday, December 29, 2013

What comes first? The chicken or the fried coating?

Sometimes GREAT food is comfort food. 9 hours after today's feast and headed home to watch the Eagles game on TV we had a snack attack TV food craving....... stopped in at a Chicken Shack. Now I had never eaten fried Chicken until KFC opened a shop in 1995 in my home town and must admit I loved it!. I came to Virginia  in 2001 where it seemed to be a staple on every dinner table for everyone I know and a whole 'nother level from KFC. So the smell of fried chicken to go with a game seemed the ticket. Now here is the shocker! My fried chicken cooking fiend of a husband took one bite, stopped, stared at me and said, "I will never cook fried chicken again until I can cook it this way." It was so good - he ran out with his cane from the hotel to hobble down to get more at half time! What's the difference you ask? We are still taste testing to evaluate.... the closest we are getting is they put red pepper in the usual coating to give it that kick but more importantly.... they are injecting the chicken itself with red pepper/coating ingredients and that's what the hook is. When all that great coating is gone, the chicken is filled with a deconstructed injection of the coating.
So it proves, great food can be all around! Pictures on food tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment